On the SharePoint Evolution Conference 2010 (April 19-21, 2010, London, UK)

 

My employer Razorfish kindly sent me to the SharePoint Evolution conference last week.  Compliments to all the speakers and the organizer Combined Knowledge who heroically made it happen despite over 50% of the speakers not being able to get a flight to the UK because of the air travel disruption caused by the volcano in Iceland

So, although the schedule was greatly altered with many speakers picking up the slack from the missing presenters, I didn’t feel the conference quality suffered in the slightest.  There were still plenty of big names in the SharePoint world who spoke and most attendees I spoke to seemed to feel they were getting their money’s worth.  There’s a lot to get your head around with all the new things in SharePoint 2010, and I’m particularly excited about the client object model stuff, which will be directly pertinent to the Silverlight + SharePoint work I’ve been doing here at Razorfish.  I learned a great deal and really enjoyed this conference, and the talks I attended were uniformly good, including:

Thanks again to all the speakers for some really good talks.  And who could forget the Marilyn Monroe look-alike?  That was your attendance fees at work!

;-)

Regards, –Dave Barrows

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parsing MSTEST results (.trx files) programmatically (in C#)

The description for Event ID ( 3 ) in Source ( TFSShellExt ) cannot be found.

Request.Browser.IsMobileDevice