Lambda expressions and LINQ to XML

You know you’ve become a true geek when you find yourself getting excited about Lambda expressions.  I know it’s old news to some, but I’m just posting a couple of links (no pun intended) here to remind myself of a couple of cool postings on MSDN about Functional Programming and Lambda expressions, etc.  If you’re a C# programmer and you haven’t used this feature of the C# language, you really need to take a look at it.  It makes for some very readable, very terse yet powerful code.  In my own coding I’m just scratching the surface of what’s possible here but the more I use these techniques the more I like them.

Eric White’s posting on Lambda Expressions

Eric White’s posting on “Query Composition using Functional Programming Techniques in C# 3.0

Comments

  1. Thanks for posting this. I'm a long time programmer but relatively new to the world of C#. Thanks to someone #FF'ing us at the same time on twitter, I'm now a little smarter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Tony! Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Parsing MSTEST results (.trx files) programmatically (in C#)

The description for Event ID ( 3 ) in Source ( TFSShellExt ) cannot be found.

Request.Browser.IsMobileDevice